Chronic bronchitis makes breathing difficult. The inflammation of the respiratory tubes due to the overproduction of mucus makes the flow of the air through the windpipes impermeable.
Bronchitis treatment and chronic bronchitis treatments can be natural or antibiotic-based, and this all depends on the choice of the sufferer of affliction. The infection is viral in nature. The production of the mucus is generated by the virus, which leads to an inflammatory condition and congestion in your chest, making your respiratory system operate abnormally.
- Natural Methods
Conventionally, prescriptions for antibiotics is medically promoted, but natural chronic bronchitis treatments are proving to just as fruitful alternatives to sweep away the mucus within your bronchial tubes.
Best Natural Chronic Bronchitis Treatments
- Raw onion mixed with honey: onions in your kitchen are not only good for adding some extra flavor to your food; they also have medicinal properties for people who suffer from chronic bronchitis when it’s mixed with honey. The mixture is best effective when swallowed (do not chew).
- Eucalyptus oil: eucalyptus oil is rich in antiseptics, which unblock your tubes, making it easier for you to breathe. The oil is not healthy when consumed raw since it works best when externally applied. Add about 5-10 drops of eucalyptus oil into a bowl warm water, then inhale the steam from the hot water mixture continuously.
- Garlic mixed with honey: the garlic plant is a powerful herbal medicine known for its healing properties, hence it is a quick answer chronic bronchitis treatment when chopped, mixed with raw honey, then swallowed twice per day.
- Oregano oil: Carvacrol, the ingredient present in the Oregano, acts as the strongest herbal antibiotic for healing inflammatory and microbial cases known for triggering chest pain caused by chronic bronchitis.
- Mixing cinnamon with raw honey: raw honey is the best natural medicinal food for chronic bronchitis treatments since it contains antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and natural enzymes, all of which help with the symptoms of bronchitis.
Simple Ways to Avoid Chronic Bronchitis
- Wearing surgical masks to avoid inhaling airborne chemicals
- Refraining from smoking
- Avoid being in contact with smokers
- Observe your hygiene
Natural chronic bronchitis treatments might not be a permanent solution to your problem, but they are perfect for relieving temporary discomfort and pain caused by bronchitis. The healing properties of many of nature’s gifts are fast healing in nature since the raw chemicals present in these natural plants and foods help with a lot, including unblocking your air circulation making breathing easier, helping with chest pain, and getting a handle on mucus production.
Featured Image Source: Thinkstock/nandyphotos