Notice: Undefined index: s in /var/landersone/smartreviews.org/html/system/ee/legacy/libraries/Functions.php(680) : eval()'d code on line 48
Language barriers have been all but diminished in today’s day and age with the help of language translation websites. These websites and their accompanying features make it possible for people around the globe to connect with one another and develop both personal and professional relationships. You never know when a translation website could be of use to you, so here are the first five you should turn to when you are in need of a digital translator.
- Google Translate Google’s translation service is, without a doubt, one of the most popular services available. Their website offers free translations for many languages. Another popular Google product is Chrome’s in-browser auto-translation feature that automatically translates foreign languages on a web page or in a document into the language of the user’s choice. Google also offers language packs that can be accessed offline, which is useful if you are traveling abroad.
- Bing Translator Microsoft’s translation service gives Google a run for its money because it also packs all the features you will ever need. Along with a free translation service on the website, you can also enjoy an auto-translation feature for your browser and the ability to translate uploaded documents. An additional feature is that users can vote on the accuracy of translations. Those answers are then compiled to create the most accurate translations for users, and it’s all free.
- Linguee Linguee doesn’t have all the features that some of the other websites offer, but it is incredibly helpful when used in conjunction with sites like Google Translate and Bing Translator. This site doesn’t have auto-translation or spoken-word features, but you can use it as a sort-of dictionary. Type in a foreign word or phrase and Linguee will give you the definition along with how the word is used in context and various documents from around the world so you can gain a better understanding of the foreign word or phrase.
- Free Translations This free online translation service offers a wide variety of features, including a voice translator, text-to-speech translator, dictionary and document translation, in addition to the regular translation service on their homepage. For a small fee, Free Translations will also proofread and edit your documents to ensure accuracy.
- Babylon Babylon sells translation software that you can install on your computer, but you can also take advantage of the company’s free online version. Babylon has a database of more than 1,600 dictionaries and thesauruses, so you can find the meaning of virtually any word in more than 75 different languages. Another interesting feature is a Babylon translation box that can be added to your own website, so others who visit your site and don’t speak the same language can still access your product or service.
Featured Image Source: pixabay.com